Otto Warmbier dies days after being released by North Korea

Source: Politico | June 19, 2017 | Diamond Naga Siu

Otto Warmbier, the University of Virginia student who was recently freed back to the U.S. after being held captive in North Korea, passed away Monday, his parents said in a statement.

Warmbier’s doctors said last week that he was in a state of unresponsive wakefulness when he returned to the United States in a medevac.

“It is our sad duty to report that our son, Otto Warmbier, has completed his journey home,” the statement read. “Unfortunately, the awful torturous mistreatment our son received at the hands of the North Koreans ensured that no other outcome was possible beyond the sad one we experienced today.”

…..

“He looked very uncomfortable — almost anguished,” his parents said of when they were reunited with him. “Although we would never hear his voice again, within a day the countenance of his face changed — he was at peace. He was at home and we believe he could sense that.”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #16738

Consistent #16739

Consistent #16740

Consistent #16741

Consistent #16744

“Heidi and I send our prayers and heartfelt condolences to the Warmbier family as they grieve the loss of their son, Otto. We share in their grief and anger over the torture he endured at the hands of his North Korean captors, but we thank God that Otto’s final days were spent with those who loved him most. The North Korean regime is mistaken if it believes that its barbaric mistreatment of an American citizen held in depraved captivity for over a year will pass quietly. My Senate colleagues and I will continue to work to hold Pyongyang accountable for its actions.”

Consistent #16756

EVERYDAY #16761

Yes. Compare Ted Cruz’s statement with Trump’s.

There is no comparison.

Obama’s would be a lot worse. Or maybe he would have avoided making a statement at all. After all, the victim was white and not a member of a protected group.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.