Pence camp: Report on 2020 run 'nothing more than wishful thinking'

Source: Washington Examiner | August 5, 2017 | Daniel Chaitin

A spokesman for Vice President Mike Pence said that a report Saturday about the Pence camp preparing for a possible 2020 run for president is “ridiculous” fake news.

“Claims @VP preparing for 2020 run are ridiculous #FakeNews and nothing more than wishful thinking by New York Times,” tweeted Marc Lotter, Pence’s press secretary.

The article that prompted the tweet from Lotter discussed Republican efforts to create a “shadow campaign” for the 2020 election, as faith in President Trump is dropping among the GOP faithful. Though the New York Times reported Pence himself has not overtly signaled his intention to run counter to his boss, it does mention that some of his aides have been speaking out in private about a possible campaign.

……..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #17934

ConservativeGranny #17936

Good. Because I wouldn’t vote for him anyway.

EVERYDAY #17937

I would like to see Pence in the White House — to complete Trump’s first and only term as president. I think Pence would be ok as interim president until 2020. Not a fan of Pence, but maybe he would have some time before 2020 to restore order and sanity to the presidency.

Vote for him in 2020 — no. Honestly at this point I don’t see anyone I would want to vote for.

ConservativeGranny #17948

I agree with you about rather having Pence in there to replace Trump. He hasn’t performed the role I thought he would. I thought he would be the voice of sanity and rein in Trump a bit but he seems to go along with him. Sometimes I’ve wondered if he isn’t just letting Trump hang himself and waiting to step in.

I don’t see anyone for 2020 that I could support either.

EVERYDAY #17952

Seems to me anyone who tries to “reign in” Trump ends up in the unemployment line. Pence would be wise to let Trump fail on his own

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.