Rand Paul reads alleged whistleblower's name on Senate floor

Source: The Hill | February 4, 2020 | Jordain Carney

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) read the name of the alleged whistleblower at the center of the House impeachment inquiry on the Senate floor Tuesday.

The public remarks marked the latest attempt by Paul to out the identity of the individual alleged to be the whistleblower. He submitted a question last week during President Trump’s impeachment trial that included the person’s name.

“I think they made a big mistake not allowing my question. My question did not accuse anybody of being a whistleblower,” Paul said from the Senate floor Tuesday.

Paul then read his question, while standing next to a sign that that reiterated the question. Paul submitted a question during last week’s two-day question-and-answer period that included the name of the alleged whistleblower.

………

The Hill is not naming the individual being targeted by Republicans. It is also typically the policy of The Associated Press and other major news outlets not to reveal the identity of whistleblowers, who enjoy federal protections against retribution.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #35414

Consistent #35415

EVERYDAY #35416

I’ve always thought the Pauls — Rand and his father Ron– were idiots. This proves it as to Rand.

Bad enough the real whistleblower’s life is in danger. But what if the name Rand Paul mentions turns out not to be the whistleblower? What happens if that innocent person and maybe his or her loved ones are killed?

How stupid and totally heartless can a person be? And all for political gain.

Consistent #35421

ConservativeGranny #35435

There was absolutely no reason to do this except pure evil. The GOP has gotten everything they wanted. There was no need for this. I am thoroughly disgusted and sickened by the leadership in this country.

Consistent #35442

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.