Report: Epstein autopsy finds several broken bones in neck, raising questions

Source: The Hill | August 15, 2019 | Tal Axelrod

An autopsy of the late financier and accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein revealed multiple broken bones in his neck, two people familiar with the findings have told The Washington Post.

Among the broken bones was the hyoid bone, near Epstein’s Adam’s apple. Such breaks can occur when someone hangs themselves, forensics experts told the Post, but they are more often associated with homicide victims who died by strangulation.

Epstein was discovered early Saturday morning when guards found him hanging in his cell at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan. Attorney General William Barr, whose agency oversees the facility where Epstein died, has called his death an “apparent suicide.” 

The office of Barbara Sampson, New York City’s chief medical examiner, completed an autopsy of Epstein’s body Sunday and listed the cause of death as “pending,” according to the Post.

“In all forensic investigations, all information must be synthesized to determine the cause and manner of death,” Sampson told the Post. “Everything must be consistent; no single finding can be evaluated in a vacuum.”

People familiar with the autopsy told the Post that Sampson’s office is seeking further information on Epstein’s condition in the hours prior to his death, including video evidence from inside the jail, interviews with nearby guards and inmates and results of a toxicology test to determine if any unusual substances were in his body.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #31263

EVERYDAY #31266

The thing that bugs me most about Epstein’s death is that nearly all of the tidbits of “news” released by these organizations are sourced to anonymous individuals. Why should I rely on what some unknown person claims the report says?

But even if the report says there were broken bones in Epstein’s neck — this is a preliminary report. The conclusions are pending further information. So how about we all wait till the autopsy report is final and the numerous investigations into Epstein’s death are completed before we all jump to conclusions?

Consistent, I’m not faulting you for posting these stories. I fault “news” outlets which are spreading what amounts to rumors and gossip in what seems to me as a deliberate attempt to fuel the assorted conspiracy theories. If this is a deliberate act, I’d like to know why they want to do so.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.