Rudy Giuliani: Trump asked me how to legally implement a Muslim ban

Source: The Blaze | January 29, 2017 | Chris Enloe

Rudy Giuliani, a former senior adviser to President Donald Trump, confirmed on Fox News late Saturday that Trump had previously asked him how to legally implement a Muslim immigration ban in the United States.

Speaking with Fox News host Judge Jeanine Pirro, Giuliani explained that Trump had asked him to convene a panel of lawmakers and lawyers with the intent of finding a solution that would legally allow them to implement a temporary Muslim ban. But he later disputed that Trump’s executive order signed Friday amounts to a ban on Muslims.

“I’ll tell you the whole history of it: We he first announced it, he said ‘Muslim ban.’ He called me up, he said, ‘put a commission together, show me the right way to do it legally,’” Giuliani said.

Giuliani then explained he did exactly that: he put together a commission with “expert” lawyers and lawmakers to try and find a way to legally implement a ban.

“And what we did was we focused on, instead of religion, danger — the areas of the world that create danger for us, which is a factual basis, not a religious basis,” he said. “Perfectly legal, perfectly sensible.”

….

However, Giuliani said he had no idea why Pakistan wasn’t on that list, considering that the 2015 San Bernardino shooters had ties to the country.

….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #13207

EVERYDAY #13210

Well, Rudy, you gave Trump bad advice. Or maybe Trump, in his usual style, ignored your advice.

That EO is a piece of (expletive). And I’m not an attorney.

ConservativeGranny #13211

I don’t know if Rudi would have been the guy I would have asked.

There does seem to be problems with this EO. I support a ban on entry from countries that have sent terrorists here. I don’t want to be the next Germany. But it should have been better planned. The chaos is just fuel for the protestors.

One thing is that it is really illustrating how dangerous many of our leaders on the left are willing to stupidly make the same mistakes Europe has made. I question whether people who are not citizens of this country have all of the rights here that they seem to think they do. The safely of our own citizens must be paramount.

The left is making a big mistake IMO. The loudest their protestations the more support Trump will garner not only from his supporters but from those who may not have supported him in the past. I do believe most Americans want this.

That being said, Trump & his administration need to get their act together. It may be difficult though considering the man directing all of this. He causes a lot of confusion and chaos. Less time on Twitter and more time spent with experienced people who can advise. And I’m not talking about Rudi and Bannon the Loose Cannon types. He has opened a Pandora’s box now. It was one that needed to be opened but now needs his full attention. Petty arguments about crowd size need to be put aside. He has essentially escalated a war on a couple of fronts and what we need now is an adult Commander in Chief not an adolescent Tweeter. Lives will be on the line.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.