Scaramucci outs Trump as anonymous source disputing Russian hack intel

Source: The Hill | July 23, 2017 | Olivia Beavers

Anthony Scaramucci, the recently named White House communications director, on Sunday outed President Trump as the anonymous source who had expressed doubt to him that Russia interfered in last year’s presidential election.

“How about it was the president, Jake?” Scaramucci told host Jake Tapper on CNN’s “State of the Union.”

“I talked to him yesterday, he called me from Air Force One, and he basically said to me: ‘Hey you know, maybe they did it, maybe they didn’t do it.’ ” 

Scaramucci’s remark came after Tapper pushed back on Scaramucci’s vague claim that “somebody” claimed to him that Russian hackers are so sophisticated they never would have been detected if they had hacked the election. 

“There’s a lot of disinformation out there,” Scaramucci told Tapper. “Somebody said to me yesterday — I won’t tell you who — that if the Russians actually hacked this situation and spilled out those emails, you would have never seen it, you would have never had any evidence of them.” 

…….

Scaramucci’s remarks come amid uncertainty on whether the president will support a bipartisan Russian sanctions bill, despite White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders insisting on the same day that the Trump administration supports the measure. 

“He hasn’t made the decision yet to sign that bill one way or another,” Scaramucci said.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.