Schiff: Kushner acting as a 'super secretary of State'

Source: The Hill | April 4, 2017 | Max Greenwood

Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) on Tuesday criticized Jared Kushner’s role in the White House, saying President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser is acting as a “super secretary of State” despite a severe lack of foreign policy and government experience.

“He may be a perfectly fine gentleman. He may have very good advice for the president, I don’t know,” Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told Yahoo News’s Katie Couric. “But he doesn’t have experience in any of these areas, and he’s acting as a super secretary of State.”

“I don’t know what that means in terms of [Secretary of State] Rex Tillerson’s job, but I can only imagine the firestorm that would have been provoked had Hillary Clinton made [her daughter] Chelsea her, essentially, second in command on all of these issues,” he continued.

Schiff also blasted Trump’s own inexperience in government, and argued that that fact alone increases his need for established and battle-tested advisers.

“You have a president himself deeply inexperienced in all these matters relying so heavily on a son-in-law who is equally inexperienced in all these matters,” Schiff said.

…..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.