Schumer calls on GOP lawmaker to delete ‘antisemitic, disgusting’ post

Source: The Hill | December 6, 2023 | Alexander Bolton

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) tweeted at conservative Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) to take down what he called an “antisemitic, disgusting dangerous post” on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, that accuses Congress of supporting Zionism.

Schumer reacted to Massie’s post, which used a popular meme format to depict rapper Drake recoiling at the bolded text “American Patriotism” and nodding approvingly at “Zionism.” Superimposed over Drake’s image is “Congress these days.”  

“Rep. Massie, you’re a sitting Member of Congress. This is antisemitic, disgusting, dangerous, and exactly the type of thing I was talking about it my Senate address. Take this down,” Schumer wrote in a repost of Massie’s meme on X.

……..

Massie said in another post on X that he would vote against a House resolution condemning the rise of antisemitism in America, but argued that doesn’t mean he’s an antisemite.  

“Anti-Zionism isn’t antisemitism,” he claimed in the post

Matt Brooks, the CEO of the Republican Jewish Coalition, however, also accused Massie of antisemitism. “Let me be crystal clear on this. This post is antisemitic. Plain and simple,” he posted on X

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.