'SNL': Dan Crenshaw accepts Pete Davidson's apology, delivers powerful message about veterans

Source: Washington Examiner | November 11, 2018 | Daniel Chaitin

Rep.-elect Dan Crenshaw, R-Texas, showed up on “Saturday Night Live” in a conciliatory segment where cast member Pete Davidson apologized for mocking his appearance last week.

Davidson started the segment on “Weekend Update” by expressing regret for his comments last week.

“In what I’m sure was a huge shock for people who know me, I made a poor choice last week,” Davidson said. “I made a joke about Lt. Cmdr. Dan Crenshaw, and on behalf of the show and myself, I apologize.”

“I mean this from the bottom of my heart. It was a poor choice of words,” he added after discussing how his “poor mom” was feeling amid the controversy. “The man is a war hero and he deserves all of the respect in the world. And if any good came of this, maybe it was that for one day the Left and the Right finally came together to agree on something: that I’m a dick.”

When Crenshaw made his surprise appearance, Davidson apologized again. Crenshaw said he accepted Davidson’s apology before taking some comedic jabs at Davidson, including showing off his Ariana Grande ringtone (Davidson and Grande, a pop star, recently called off an engagement) and making some jokes about Davidson’s appearance.

Crenshaw, a former Navy SEAL, then delivered a passionate message about veterans as Veterans Day is Sunday, saying, “There’s a lot of lessons to learn here. Not just that the left and the right can still agree on some things, but also this, Americans can forgive one another. We can remember what brings us together as a country and still see the good in each other.”

Crenshaw went on urge Americans to say “never forget” to a veteran in order to break the “imaginary barrier” between civilians and veterans.

He also recognized that Davidon’s father, a New York City firefighter who died during the Sept. 11 attacks, was among America’s “heroes.”

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #26368

EVERYDAY #26369

Mr. Crenshaw is a class act.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.