Sources: Oprah Winfrey 'actively thinking' about running for president

Source: CNN | January 8, 2018 | Brian Stelter

Oprah Winfrey is “actively thinking” about running for president, two of her close friends told CNN Monday.

The two friends, who requested anonymity in order to speak freely, talked in the wake of Winfrey’s extraordinary speech at the Golden Globes Sunday night, which spurred chatter about a 2020 run.

Some of Winfrey’s confidants have been privately urging her to run, the sources said.

One of the sources said these conversations date back several months. The person emphasized that Winfrey has not made up her mind about running.

A representative for Winfrey did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

……

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #20815

Consistent #20816

Consistent #20817

EVERYDAY #20825

Oh just what we need. Another phony baloney celebrity as president.

I didn’t watch the Golden Globes, but this morning, ABC was all aflutter about the awards and Oprah’s over-the-top remarks. It was the lead story on Good Morning America. I guess there was nothing else happening in the world that came close in importance. (Sigh!)

This is why we have so many uninformed voters. Encouraged by a fawning media, voters are dazzled by celebrity. And this is how unstable, incompetent and potentially dangerous candidates like Trump are elected.

ConservativeGranny #20828

Maybe Dr. Oz and Jerry Springer will throw their hats into the ring as well.

EVERYDAY #20832

I don’t know about Springer, but Oz would get the HHS cabinet post in the Winfrey administration.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.