Ted Cruz expected to throw support to Trump

Source: Politico | September 23, 2016 | Katie Glueck and Burgess Everett

Multiple sources close to Ted Cruz say the Texas senator is expected indicate his support for Donald Trump as soon as Friday.

It is unclear whether Cruz will say only that he is voting for the Republican nominee, as other lawmakers have done, or offer a more full-throated endorsement, but the idea of throwing any support to Trump is controversial within Cruzworld.

“If he announces he endorses, it destroys his political brand,” said someone who had worked for Cruz’s campaign.

Steve Deace, a prominent conservative Iowa radio host who was a major Cruz backer, also tweeted Friday that the senator would endorse Trump. A spokeswoman for Cruz did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #10169

Consistent #10170

Consistent #10171

ConservativeGranny #10172

I’ll be done with him. If he really felt the need to defeat Hillary with his vote he could keep his action in the voting booth private as well as his intent. To announce it would be for other reasons. Either to campaign for Trump hoping to convince others or to buckle to blackmail and threats from the GOP. I could find neither a sign of a strong moral character.

Palin through us under the bus I suppose Cruz will be next. I will be done with politics let the chips fall where they may as I am convinced there are no men of honor left in politics.

I was hoping Cruz would be a leader of a strong new Conservative Party. Guess not. If he still wants to play with the GOP dogs on the porch so be it.

Consistent #10173

Consistent #10174

Consistent #10175

Consistent #10176

Consistent #10177

Consistent #10178

EVERYDAY #10180

He just endorsed Trump. Full text on his Facebook page, but alas, I can’t link it.

Political suicide. But as I said before, makes no difference to me. I still won’t vote for Trump.

Consistent #10182

Consistent #10183

Consistent #10184

Consistent #10185

Consistent #10186

ConservativeGranny #10203

I wish Cruz good luck raising money for his next presidential campaign . He has seen his last dime from me.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.