Trump accusers share stories: 'The environment’s different, let’s try again'

Source: The Hill | December 11, 2017 | Brett Samuels

Three women who have accused President Trump of sexual misconduct shared their stories in detail on Monday, with one accuser saying they decided to “try again” given the recent wave of women and men who have shared stories of sexual harassment in recent months.

“We’re private citizens, and for us to put ourselves out there to try and show America who this man is, and especially how he views women, and for them to say, ‘meh, we don’t care,’ it hurt,” Samantha Holvey said on “Megyn Kelly Today.”

“And so now it’s just like all right, let’s try round two. The environment’s different, let’s try again,” she added.

Holvey competed in the 2006 Miss USA contest, and claims Trump walked into the dressing area.

Holvey was joined Monday by Jessica Leeds and Rachel Crooks, who also came forward last year to accuse Trump of sexual misconduct.

……..

The White House has said its official position is that the women who have accused Trump of sexual misconduct are lying.

Kelly read a new White House statement on air, which said the claims were “totally disputed in most cases by eyewitness accounts,” and “were addressed at length during last year’s campaign.”

“The timing and absurdity of these false claims speaks volumes and the publicity tour that has begun only further confirms the political motives behind them,” the White House said.

……

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #20334

EVERYDAY #20338

So I don’t like Trump, but really, where is the evidence? Any witnesses? Where is the crime? And how long ago did these supposed incidents occur?

Maybe I should get in on this. Pick someone I don’t like, go before the media and accuse him of impropriety. Maybe I can make a few bucks doing so.

ConservativeGranny #20340

I have no idea how many of these claims are false ones. The false ones make it harder for every woman who has been abused to come forward.

The ones who have admitted it and resigned, well, enough said. The ones who claim they are innocent deserve their day in court. Then there are those like Gloria Allred who looks for anything to use as a political weapon. She is no friend to women and I have my doubts about any woman that would seek her counsel and representation.

It seems sometimes this has gotten out of hand. But what is out of hand? I haven’t a clue as to how many of these have merit and are serious and how many of them are just vindictive. I am just very disgusted by our Congress right now. I never had the bar set very high for the Hollywood crowd. But I expect more from our representatives in government. Our founding fathers did as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.