Trump encourages Americans to get the Covid vaccine

Source: Politico | March 16, 2021 | Meridith McGraw

The former president was notably absent from a recent ad campaign. But he told Fox News that getting shots in arms was important.

Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday recommended Americans get vaccinated to help fight the Covid pandemic, engaging on the issue after months of relative silence.

“I would recommend it,” Trump said during an interview on Fox News. “And I would recommend it to a lot of people that don’t want to get it and a lot of those people voted for me, frankly. But again, we have our freedoms and we have to live by that and I agree with that also. But it is a great vaccine. It is a safe vaccine and it is something that works.”

Trump’s direct appeal to Americans comes as some of his own supporters have exhibited skepticism about taking the coronavirus vaccine. Experts say his endorsement of vaccinations could help alleviate some of that skepticism.

Since leaving office, Trump has issued a short statement taking credit for the vaccine’s fast-tracked development and, in passing, told people to take the shot during his speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference last month.

……..

While Trump and the former first lady kept their vaccination a secret, other former presidents and first ladies of both parties teamed up for a national ad campaign that shared images of them getting the vaccine and layed out the importance for others to do so, as well.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #47968

EVERYDAY #47976

It was a lukewarm recommendation. Trump should have debunked the idiotic reasons his cult won’t get the vaccine including the conspiracy theory that it’s a government plot to inject everyone with tracking devices. He should also have told them there is no constitutional right to refuse a vaccine, just as there is no constitutional right to refuse to wear a mask. Saying his cult has the right to refuse the vaccine will only strengthen their resolve not to be vaccinated.

This is a prime example of how bad a leader Trump is and how wrong he was for the job of president.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.