Trump: Flynn treated badly by 'fake media'

Source: The Hill | February 15, 2017 | Jordan Fabian and Lisa Hagen

President Trump said Wednesday his ousted national security adviser Michael Flynn was treated “unfairly” by the “fake media.”

At a joint press conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Trump blamed Democrats and leaks by the intelligence community for Flynn’s resignation over his conversations with Russia.

Wednesday’s comments are Trump’s first in-person reaction to Flynn’s resignation.

“I think he’s been treated very, very unfairly by the media — as I call it, the fake media, in many cases,” Trump said at Wednesday’s press conference. “I think it’s really a sad thing he was treated so badly.”

Trump doubled down on his condemnation of the leaks from the intelligence community following reports that Flynn misled senior officials in the White House about his conversations with Russia.

“It’s criminal action, a criminal act and its been going a long time, before me,” Trump said about the leaks. “But now it’s really going on.”

“People are trying to cover up for a terrible loss the Democrats had under Hillary Clinton.”

…..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.