Trump-he’ll testify..he asked staffer to delete sec cam footage is ‘false’

Source: The Hill | September 15, 2023 | Brett Samuels

Trump says he’ll testify allegation he asked staffer to delete security camera footage is ‘false’

Former President Trump in a new interview said he would be willing to testify that an allegation by prosecutors that he acted with an alleged co-conspirator to delete security footage is false.

The Justice Department in July filed a superseding indictment in the case over Trump’s retention of classified documents after leaving office that accused Trump of working with the property manager to delete surveillance footage at his Mar-a-Lago estate.

Asked about the charge by Kristen Welker on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Trump called the allegation “false.”

“Would you testify to that under oath?” Welker asked.

“Sure, I’m going to — I’ll testify,” Trump said.

Trump also called it a “fake charge” brought by a “deranged lunatic prosecutor,” referring to special counsel Jack Smith, who is overseeing the documents investigation and the federal case against Trump for his efforts to overturn the 2020 election results and remain in power.

The former president went on to claim that there was “noting done” to the security tapes in question.

“And, they were my tapes. I could have fought them,” Trump continued. “I didn’t even have to give them the tapes, I don’t think. I think I would have won in court. When they asked for the tapes, I said, ‘Sure.’ They’re my tapes. I could have fought them. I didn’t even have to give them. Just so you understand, though, we didn’t delete anything. Nothing was deleted.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.