Trump hints at legal action in response to Mar-a-Lago search

Source: The Hill | August 19, 2022 | Jared Gans

Former President Trump on Friday hinted at taking legal action in response to the FBI search of his Mar-a-Lago property last week.

Trump said in a post on his social media platform Truth Social that a “major motion” related to the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution will soon be filed related to the search. He claimed his rights have been violated at a level “rarely seen” before. 

The Fourth Amendment protects people against unreasonable searches and seizures. 

Trump’s post comes after a federal judge said on Thursday that he might be willing to unseal parts of an affidavit that was used to establish probable cause for the FBI to search the Palm Beach, Fla., property.

Judge Bruce Reinhart, who approved the search warrant, said he did not believe the Justice Department (DOJ) proved why the document should remain entirely private and instructed officials to suggest redactions to the document. 

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #55097

Consistent #55098

Consistent #55099

EVERYDAY #55105

The Truth Social post is Donny at his usual drama queen finest. He describes the execution of the search warrant as an “illegal break-in” and laments that the rights of every American have been violates.

First of all, the execution of a valid search warrant is not a break-in.

Secondly, I don’t know about anyone else, but I don’t feel my rights have been violated. I’ve never been served with a search warrant because I don’t break the law nor has anyone suspected me of breaking the law. And had Donny not taken documents not belonging to him or had he responded first to informal requests for those documents or had he not ignored a subpoena for them, there would not have been a need for the search warrant anyway.

On the contrary, I feel much better about the law and legal rights. I know that by execution of the search warrant, little Donny is not above the law and is subjected to it just as the rest of us are.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.