Trump on Putin plan to recognize breakaway Ukraine regions: ‘This is genius’

Source: The Hill | February 22, 2022 | Brad Dress

Former President Trump on Tuesday called Russia’s recognition of two breakaway territories in eastern Ukraine a “genius” move ahead of its military invasion.

In an interview on “The Clay Travis & Buck Sexton Show,” Trump said Russian President Vladimir Putin’s recognition of the Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics in eastern Ukraine on Monday was “smart” and “pretty savvy.”

“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius,'” he said. “Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine — of Ukraine — Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful.”

“I said, ‘How smart is that?’ He’s going to go in and be a peacekeeper,” added Trump, who regularly praised and sought close ties with Putin during his time in office. “That’s the strongest peace force. We could use that on our southern border, that’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re going to keep peace all right.”

Following his recognition of the two Donbas areas, which are controlled by Russian-backed separatists, Putin moved troops into the area, leading to international condemnation.

……..

“It never would have happened with us. Had I been in office, not even thinkable,” Trump said. “You know what the response was from Biden? He didn’t have a response.”

The former president, who has been teasing a 2024 presidential run, also released a statement on Tuesday arguing “there was absolutely no reason that the situation currently happening in Ukraine should have happened at all.”

“Russia has become very very rich during the Biden Administration, with oil prices doubling and soon to be tripling and quadrupling,” he said. “The weak sanctions are insignificant relative to taking over a country and a massive piece of strategically located land.”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #51995

Consistent #51997

Consistent #51998

Consistent #51999

Consistent #52000

Consistent #52001

EVERYDAY #52003

Well thank you, Donny Boy. Now we know for sure you are a traitor. How many of those classified documents you spirited away from the White House did you sell to Russia?

The really pathetic part is that the Trump cult GOP and his favorite propaganda outlets such as Fox News, OANN and Newsmax agree with him.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.