Trump rips Cohen claim: He's 'trying to make up stories'

Source: The Hill | July 27, 2018 | Jordan Fabian and Jacqueline Thomsen

President Trump on Friday insisted he did not know about the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting where Russians promised to offer damaging information on Hillary Clinton, denying a CNN report that his former personal attorney Michael Cohen says he did.

“And so the Fake News doesn’t waste my time with dumb questions, NO, I did NOT know of the meeting with my son, Don jr,” Trump wrote in a series of early morning tweets.

Trump accused Cohen of making up the claim to get himself out of legal trouble from a federal investigation into his business practices, including his ownership of taxi medallions in New York City.

“Sounds to me like someone is trying to make up stories in order to get himself out of an unrelated jam (Taxi cabs maybe?),” the president added, without referring to Cohen by name.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #24787

EVERYDAY #24788

Trump should know all about making up stories.

Actually, even without proof, I’m inclined to believe Cohen this time. In all likelihood, he has or soon will have a deal in place to avoid or lessen jail time. Unless he wants to blow a deal or potential deal apart, it would be in his beat interests to tell the truth. Lying would nullify an existing plea agreement or end negotiations for a potential deal. With all the trouble Cohen is in, perjury (if he does indeed swear under oath to the veracity of his claim) will only add to his offenses and any jail time he might have to serve.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.