Trump says he will increase tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods

Source: The Hill | May 5, 2019 | Emily Birnbaum

President Trump on Sunday said tariffs on $200 billion of goods from China will rise to from 10 percent to 25 percent on Friday, and threatened to to impose 25 percent tariffs on an additional $325 billion of Chinese goods “shortly.”

“For 10 months, China has been paying Tariffs to the USA of 25% on 50 Billion Dollars of High Tech, and 10% on 200 Billion Dollars of other goods,” Trump tweeted. “These payments are partially responsible for our great economic results. The 10% will go up to 25% on Friday.”

The White House on Wednesday said the U.S. and China were making “substantial progress” in their ongoing trade negotiations, and reports had indicated that the countries were circling an agreement.

The president on Sunday wrote that the trade deal “continues, but too slowly, as they attempt to renegotiate.”

“No!” he wrote.

He pledged to begin taxing “325 Billions Dollars … of additional goods sent to us by China … at a rate of 25%.”

……..

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #29281

Consistent #29282

“For 10 months, U.S. consumers have been paying Tariffs to the USA of 25% on 50 Billion Dollars of High Tech, and 10% on 200 Billion Dollars of other goods,”

EVERYDAY #29284

Gee thanks Donnie. Now whatever I want to buy will cost more. Making America great again. huh? More like destroying America by driving businesses and consumers into bankruptcy.

Meanwhile, I have yet to see China cave. Seems to me they are probably laughing their *bleeps* off.

Consistent #29301

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.