Trump says his Jan. 6 speech was ‘extremely calming’

Source: The Hill | December 11, 2021 | Lexi Lonas

Former President Trump said his speech on Jan. 6 which preceded the Capitol riot was “extremely calming.”

In an interview with Fox News’ Laura Ingraham on Friday, Trump discussed the Jan. 6 congressional panel that is investigating the events leading up to the Capitol riot that killed several people, Business Insider reported.

“I have nothing to hide,” Trump said. “I wasn’t involved in that and if you look at my words and what I said in the speech, they were extremely calming, actually.”

Trump said the attack on a Capitol was a “protest,” and condemned the 2020 election as the real “insurrection.”

“It was a protest. The insurrection took place on Nov. 3, which was election day. This was a protest and a lot of innocent people are being hurt. A lot of innocent people are being injured,” he said.

……..

Trump spoke at a rally on Jan. 6 that occurred before the Capitol riot, during which he repeated false election fraud claims and told supporters they needed to “fight like hell.”

“You’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong,” Trump said. “We fight like hell. And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.