Trump: ‘There is no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea’

Source: The Hill | June 13, 2018 | Max Greenwood

President Trump declared on Wednesday that North Korea no longer poses a nuclear threat to the world, offering an optimistic assessment of his summit talks with Kim Jong Un.

Trump made the declaration in a pair of tweets as he arrived back in Washington from Singapore, where he met with Kim for the first-ever talks between a sitting U.S. president and North Korean premier.

“Just landed – a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office,” Trump tweeted. “There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!”

“Before taking office people were assuming that we were going to War with North Korea,” he wrote in a second tweet. “President Obama said that North Korea was our biggest and most dangerous problem. No longer – sleep well tonight!”

…….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #24120

Consistent #24121

“I think his statement can be called premature,” Mitchell, who served as special envoy 2009-20011, said on CNN. “There’s a long way to go. We must all hope and pray that he is right, that it does turn out to no longer be a nuclear threat. but I think it is unwise and premature to make this declaration at this stage in the process.”

EVERYDAY #24125

Groan!

The two signed a meaningless piece of paper. How does Trump figure this paper ends all conflict and threat?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.