Trump won't say if he was tested for coronavirus on day of first presidential debate

Source: The Hill | October 15, 2020 | Brett Samuels

President Trump on Thursday said he could not definitively say whether he received a COVID-19 test on the day of the first presidential debate, despite a stipulation that both candidates were expected to arrive having tested negative for the virus.

Trump, who tested positive two days after the Sept. 29 debate, insisted during an NBC town hall that he felt physically well during the showdown with Democratic nominee Joe Biden. But he repeatedly hedged when asked whether he had taken a test on the day of the debate.

“I don’t know. I don’t even remember,” Trump said when asked directly by NBC’s Savannah Guthrie.

“Possibly I did, possibly I didn’t,” he said when asked the question again moments later.

White House officials have repeatedly refused to disclose when the president last tested negative prior to testing positive for the virus on Oct. 1. Experts say that information is critical to determining who Trump may have exposed to the virus and whether he might have been infectious at the debate when he was on stage with Biden.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.