Twitter Suspends Instapundit For Tweeting 'Run Them Down' About Rioters

Source: Daily Wire | September 22, 2016 | Ben Shapiro

On Thursday morning, Twitter suspended the account of University of Tennessee law professor and USA Today columnist Glenn Reynolds, supposedly over this tweet:

Reynolds’ critics suggested that he wanted people to target protesters, although the linked story said that the “protesters” in question were “stopping traffic and surrounding vehicles,” menacing their occupants. Here’s the video:

Reynolds responded to the suspension: “Can’t imagine why they’d do that, except that it seems to be happening to a lot of people for no obvious reason. It’s as if, despite assurances to the contrary, Twitter is out to silence voices it disagrees with or something.”

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey has long been an advocate for Black Lives Matter, conducting events with race-baiting riot cheerleader Deray McKesson, who once taught a seminar at Yale with required reading including an essay titled “In Defense of Looting.” McKesson has also come out in support of convicted cop killers Assata Shakur and Mumia Abu Jamal on Twitter. He’s talked up the value of the racist New Black Panther Party.

….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #10124

Consistent #10125

Consistent #10126

Consistent #10127

Consistent #10128

Consistent #10129

EVERYDAY #10131

Social media does not equate with free speech. Twitter and Facebook will suspend or terminate any account which they deem posts things that are “offensive,” but they ignore serious, overt threats of violence. I know this from personal experience. A few Trumpies have threatened to kill me. None of them know where I live, so it’s doubtful they would follow through, but when I reported the threats to Facebook, it responded that there were no threats. What part of “I’m coming to your house to kill you in your sleep” doesn’t sound like a threat?

I suppose if BLM tweeted its followers to kill cops, Twitter would have no problem with that.

I’m on Facebook now only to participate in the Ted Cruz Facebook page, but I think after November, I’m going to discontinue my account. Too many drunks and crazies.

CA Surveyor #10136

I suspended Twitter several years ago.

I have no intention of lifting their suspension.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.