Ukrainian amb to the US calls on American businesses to cut ties with Russia

Source: The Hill | February 27, 2022 | Joseph Choi

Ukrainian ambassador to the US calls on American businesses to cut ties with Russia

Ukraine’s Ambassador to the U.S. Oksana Markarova on Sunday called on American businesses to cut their ties with Russia as a way of supporting her country as it fends off Russia’s military invasion.

Appearing on ABC’s “This Week,” Markarova expressed gratitude for the support that the international community has given Ukraine so far, but said more defensive weapons and more sanctions were still needed.

Markarova said Russia needed to “clearly see that and feel” that it is not OK to attack “a sovereign country without any reason.”

“I also would like to use this opportunity also to call on American business, because you know this is a full-fledged, unjust war,” Markorova said.

“And I think it’s time for many American businesses also to think — I know how hard it is and I know this is business interests. As the former minister of finance, I understand,” she said. “But I think it’s time to think about saving reputations and not cooperating with a regime that will end up in the Hague for everything they’ve done and they’re doing now to Ukraine.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.