Valerie Plame tweets story blaming 'America's Jews' for foreign wars

Source: The Hill | September 21, 2017 | Mallory Shelbourne

Former CIA agent Valerie Plame Wilson on Thursday tweeted an article that argued American Jews are pushing for war in the Middle East, specifically with Iran.

The article, titled “America’s Jews Are Driving America’s Wars,” is featured in The Unz Review, an online magazine that bills itself as an “alternative” to the “mainstream media.”

After several minutes of questions from Twitter users who were shocked by her tweet, Wilson doubled down, arguing critics should read the article and “put aside” any biases.

“1) First of all, calm down. Re-tweets don’t imply endorsement. Yes, very provocative, but thoughtful. Many neocon hawks ARE Jewish,” Wilson said.

Wilson noted in her series of follow-up tweets that she doesn’t support going to war with Iran or exiting the nuclear accord. 

“There are simply 3) too many who are so ready to go to war. Haven’t we had enough for awhile?” Wilson tweeted.

After receiving strong backlash on Twitter, Wilson backtracked, saying she didn’t read the article thoroughly and had only paid attention to its criticism of neoconservatives.

“OK folks, look, I messed up. I skimmed this piece, zeroed in on the neocon criticism, and shared it without seeing and considering the rest,” Wilson tweeted.

She also said she “missed gross undercurrents” in the post and thanked Twitter users for urging her to take another look at the article’s argument.

“I’m not perfect and make mistakes. This was a doozy. All I can do is admit them, try to be better, and read more thoroughly next time. Ugh,” Wilson added.

……

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.