Vice Admiral Robert Harward turns down national security adviser job

Source: CBS News | February 16, 2017 |

Vice Admiral Robert Harward has rejected President Trump’s offer to be the new national security adviser, CBS News’ Major Garrett reports.

Sources close to the situation told Garrett Harward and the administration had a dispute over staffing the security council.

Two sources close to the situation confirm Harward demanded his own team, and the White House resisted.

Specifically, Mr. Trump told Deputy National Security Adviser K. T. McFarland that she could retain her post, even after the ouster of National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. Harward refused to keep McFarland as his deputy, and after a day of negotiations over this and other staffing matters, Harward declined to serve as Flynn’s replacement.

Harward, a 60-year-old former Navy SEAL, served as deputy commander of U.S. Central Command under now-Defense Secretary James Mattis. He previously served as deputy commanding general for operations of Joint Special Operations Command at Fort Bragg in North Carolina.

…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #13697

ConservativeGranny #13698

Too bad for the US but I can’t say I blame the guy. I’d want no part of this administration either.

EVERYDAY #13702

Then I guess Harward won’t be cleaning house. Earlier reports were certain he would accept the national security advisor post and make some changes.

It’s going to be typical to see a huge and constant turnover of personnel in this afministration, along with difficulty getting people to accept any jobs offered. I agree, Granny. No one in their right mind would want a job in this administration even if it paid well.

Consistent #13703

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.