Biden: 'I have the most progressive record of anybody running … anybody who would run'

Source: The Hill | March 16, 2019 | John Bowden

Former Vice President Joe Biden hinted at a 2020 presidential campaign, telling an audience that he views himself to be the most progressive of any Democrat running or considering a run for the presidency.

At a speech in Delaware to members of the state Democratic Party, Biden argued that criticism from members of the “New Left,” a term used to define progressive who align with principle espoused by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) during his 2016 presidential campaign, was unfounded.

“I’m told I get criticized by the ‘New Left,’ ” Biden told the audience. “I have the most progressive record of anybody running for the … anybody who would run.”

His remarks were punctuated by a standing ovation by Democrats in the room who celebrated Biden’s apparent slip up suggesting a presidential run, before the former vice president moved on to aim criticism at President Trump.

“We have to bring this country back together again,” Biden continued.

“The world’s worst dictators are using [the president’s] own words to justify their own abuses of power,” he added.

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.