Cohen to plead the Fifth in Stormy Daniels lawsuit

Source: The Hill | April 25, 2018 | Jacqueline Thomsen

President Trump’s personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, plans to assert his Fifth Amendment rights in the lawsuit filed against him by adult film star Stormy Daniels.

“Based on the advice of counsel, I will assert my 5th amendment rights in connection with all proceeding in this case due to the ongoing criminal investigation by the FBI and U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York,” Cohen said in a court filing Wednesday.

Cohen said the FBI raids earlier this month on his residence, office and hotel room — and the ongoing criminal probe they represent — are behind the decision not to offer testimony in the California lawsuit.

The raids sought documents related to Daniels, among other matters. Cohen is reportedly under investigation for possible bank fraud and campaign finance violations.

…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #23272

ConservativeGranny #23274

The actions of another innocent man.

Consistent #23277

Consistent #23281

EVERYDAY #23284

The guy is a fool. If the feds have enough evidence as is widely believed, Cohen is going down hard. And he might be going down alone.

Comey referred to Trump as a mob boss wannabe. Well, Cohen should know that unlike the mob where, at least in the old days, when a soldier took the weight for the boss and went to prison, the boss would take care of the soldier’s family and provide for their needs — if Cohen goes to prison to protect Trump, Trump will not reward or compensate him for his loyalty. My guess is even before the cell door slams shut, Trump will pretend not to know Cohen.

Trump demands blind loyalty from his “servants,” but he will not be loyal to them in return.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.