Comey says Trump 'possibly' committed obstruction of justice by asking to drop Michael Flynn investigation

Source: Washington Examiner | April 15, 2018 | Kyle Feldscher

Former FBI Director James Comey believes President Trump “possibly” committed obstruction of justice when he seemingly asked Comey to drop the investigation into fired national security adviser Michael Flynn.

In an interview with ABC aired Sunday night, Comey said he isn’t the investigator or prosecutor on the case, but Trump’s request to let the investigation into Flynn “go” could be a crime.

“Possibly. I mean, it’s certainly some evidence of obstruction of justice,” Comey said.

Comey said the exact words from Trump — “I hope you can let it go” — may not have been a direct request, but it was implied.

“But to kick out the vice president of the United States and the attorney general, who I work for, so you could talk to me alone, something was up,” Comey said. “He’s asking me to drop the criminal investigation of his now-former national security adviser.”

Comey said he believes Trump is aware that he was asking something that he knew was inappropriate because he asked Vice President Mike Pence, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, and adviser Jared Kushner to leave the room.

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.