FedEx ends discount program with NRA

Source: Washington Examiner | October 30, 2018 | Katelyn Caralle

FedEx is ending a program that offered discounts for business members of the National Rifle Association.

The NRA discount program with FedEx will cease Nov. 4, the company confirmed to Reuters.

FedEx also indicated that the decision to cut ties with the gun lobbying group has nothing to do with the massacre over the weekend where 11 people were killed by a gunman in a synagogue in Pittsburgh, but instead said that the NRA didn’t bring in enough business for it to continue the deal.

The company has been notifying customers since earlier this month that it is planning on moving dozens of organizations, including the NRA, to different pricing programs.

……….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #26240

EVERYDAY #26241

Yeah, I’m sure this move is not related to the synagogue shootings (sarc).

Maybe NRA and its members can work out a better deal with one of the other express carriers. Personally, I’m no longer a fan of Fed Ex. I’ve lived in my house for 30 years. Up until the last year, Fed Ex always delivered to me without a problem. The last few shipments — the package rode around on a truck all day, but was not delivered because the driver allegedly couldn’t find my house. Before that, packages were delivered late with no explanation given. One delivery — the driver put the box in my driveway — didn’t bother bringing it to the front porch. I was lucky no one stole the package. Complaints are ignored or I get some representative who can’t speak English.

Maybe Fed Ex will go the way of Sears. If that happens, I won’t shed a tear.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.