George W. Bush: I don't like the 'racism' and 'name-calling' under Trump

Source: Politico | February 28, 2017 | Madeline Conway

Former President George W. Bush says he dislikes the “racism,” “name-calling” and “people feeling alienated” under Donald Trump’s presidency.

In an interview alongside his wife Laura with People, the former president was critical of the current political climate in Washington, which he described as “pretty ugly.” “I’m not going back nowhere!” he said, according to the magazine.

“I don’t like the racism and I don’t like the name-calling and I don’t like the people feeling alienated,” Bush said. “Nobody likes that.”

….

But in his interview with People, Bush also sounded a note of optimism about the future of the country. “I’m optimistic about where we’ll end up,” he said. “We’ve been through these periods before and we’ve always had a way to come out of it. I’m more optimistic than some.”

….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #13959

ConservativeGranny #13965

In a 2014 interview with Sean Hannity Bush said this:

““I don’t think it’s good for the country to have a former president undermine a current president,” Bush said diplomatically. “I think it’s bad for the presidency, for that matter.”

I find it irritating that when Bush should have spoken up during his and Obama’s administration he found himself mute. Now for some reason he can’t seem to stop talking.

I’m no fan of Donald Trump and find plenty to criticize him for. However it seems that GWB criticisms sound more like they are coming from the left part of his brain if you know what I mean.

Dom Ruinart #13975

Trump is an aberration. It’s not normal that a creature like Trump is in the White House. Bush has to speak out. You should speak out.

EVERYDAY #13979

Maybe it’s my bad eyesight, but I don’t see where President Bush specifically criticized Trump.

To some extent, he is correct about the ugliness in Washington. He experienced it first hand while he was President, and thanks to ignorant people in both parties, the ugliness is getting worse. Trump and his followers are a mean spirited bunch, but after seeing video clips of the Demo at last night’s speech, the Dems are just as bad if not worse.

I disagree with much of President Bush’s politics, but he was a much better president than either of his two successors. St the very least, he has class — a quality Obama and Trump are both lacking.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.