Giuliani defends shifts on Trump Tower statement: 'I don't think' anybody's lying

Source: The Hill | June 4, 2018 | Brett Samuels

Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani on Monday disputed that the White House lied last summer when representatives denied that President Trump dictated a statement about a meeting between his son and a Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign, despite now saying he did.

CNN’s Chris Cuomo asked Giuliani why he thought Trump’s attorney, Jay Sekulow, and White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders “chose to lie” about the president’s involvement in crafting the statement about the meeting at Trump Tower.

“You think maybe somebody could’ve made a mistake?” Giuliani retorted.

“Why is it always that somebody — you think that Jay Sekulow lied?” he continued. “Maybe he just got it wrong, like I got a few things wrong at the beginning of the investigation.”

…….

On Monday, the former New York City mayor was asked if he was worried that his decision to represent Trump was tarnishing his legacy.

“Every night I stay up all night worried about that,” he said sarcastically.

“No, I have a clear conscience. I’m doing my job as a lawyer,” he continued. “I am a lawyer and it’s my job to defend my client. I’m proud of what I’m doing. I’m proud of my client.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.