Giuliani resigns from law firm due to 'pressing demands' of Mueller probe

Source: The Hill | May 10, 2018 | Max Greenwood

Rudy Giuliani is leaving his job at a powerhouse law firm, citing the “pressing demands” of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russia’s role in the 2016 presidential election.

Giuliani took a temporary leave of absence from the firm Greenberg Traurig when he joined President Trump’s legal team last month. But in a statement on Thursday, the former New York City mayor said he intended to permanently resign from the firm.

“In light of the pressing demands of the Mueller investigation, I believe it is in everyone’s best interest that I make it a permanent resignation,” Giuliani said. “This way, my sole concentration can be on this critically important matter for our country.”

…….

Giuliani was hired to the team of lawyers helping Trump navigate Mueller’s investigation last month, saying at the time that he hoped to negotiate a swift end to the probe. 

His resignation from Greenberg Traurig signals that Giuliani may anticipate a more prolonged engagement with Mueller’s investigation than previously thought. 

………

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.