Haley: Trump's accusers should be heard

Source: The Hill | December 10, 2017 | Julia Manchester

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said on Sunday that women who accuse anyone of sexual misconduct deserve to be heard, including those accusing President Trump.

“I am incredibly proud of the women who have come forward. I’m proud of their strength. I’m proud of their courage. And I think that the idea that this is happening, I think it will start to bring a conscience to the situation, not just in politics, but in, you know, we’ve seen in Hollywood and in every industry. And I think the time has come,” Haley told CBS News’ John Dickerson on “Face the Nation.”

Dickerson went on to ask how people should assess the accusers of the president.

“Well, I mean, you know, the same thing, is women who accuse anyone should be heard. They should be heard and they should be dealt with,” she said.

“And I think we heard from them prior to the election. And I think any woman who has felt violated or felt mistreated in any way, they have every right to speak up,” she continued.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #20321

EVERYDAY #20327

If any crime can be proven — ok. But honestly, I’ve reached a saturation point reading and hearing all these accusations against numerous public figures (many of whom I never heard of). Most of these accusations have no proof and most don’t rise to the level of criminality. To me this whole Me Too campaign is meant to distract us from some real issues and perhaps is supposed to lead to the ruin of someone’s enemies. It’s really not about any harm that may have been sustained by the victims. Unfortunately, it could also lead to real rape and other sexual crimes not being reported or prosecuted because the victims fear they won’t be believed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.