It’s Official: Judge Neil Gorsuch Has Been Confirmed

Source: RedState | April 7, 2017 | Martin Walsh

The Senate confirmed Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch on Friday, giving Republicans a much needed win politically and in their quest to replace the late Justice Antonin Scalia.

Gorsuch clinched the majority threshold with a 54-45 vote on Friday after House Majority Leader Mitch McConnell rewrote chamber rules that eliminated the 60-vote filibuster and allowed for a 51-vote majority.

Only three Democrats voted in favor of Gorsuch: Joe Donnelly (D-Indiana), Heidi Heitkamp (D-North Dakota), and Joe Manchin (D-West Virginia).

…..

…..

Gorsuch is expected to take the oath on Monday.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #14977

EVERYDAY #14979

Well, glad that drama is over. Now on to a new one.

Let’s just see how conservative this new justice is. I’ve heard he’s a strict constitutionalist, but I suspect the court in reality gained another Roberts.

ConservativeGranny #14985

I hope you are wrong about that Everyday. But I wouldn’t be surprised any more:(

If he does turn out to be a good SCJ at least we got something out of this trainwreck.

EVERYDAY #14991

It’s just that I remember glowing reports about Roberts. Then he wrote that idiotic opinion retaining Obamacare. A constitutionalist, Roberts isn’t.

slhancock1948 #14994

Time will tell. Who knows that this whole drama wasn’t instituted to make it look like he was all we asked for, only to find it is the switch & bait candidate.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.