Lindsey Graham: If Trump tries to fire Robert Mueller 'it would be the end of his presidency'

Source: Washington Examiner | January 28, 2018 | Naomi Lim

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said Sunday it would be the end of President Trump’s time in office if he fired special counsel Robert Mueller, and everyone in his White House knows it.

Graham said he understood Trump’s frustration with the ongoing Russia probe, adding most presidents want “to get rid of critics.”

“I’m sure that there’ll be an investigation around whether or not President Trump did try to fire Mr. Mueller. We know that he didn’t fire Mr. Mueller. We know that if he tried to, it would be the end of his presidency,” Graham said. “So at the end of the day, let Mr. Mueller do his job.”

……..

Graham said he isn’t going to dismiss reports that President Trump wanted to fire special counsel Robert Mueller as “fake news,” urging Mueller to investigate the claims himself.

“I believe it’s something that Mueller should look at,” Graham told ABC’s “This Week.”

“We’re not just going to say it’s ‘fake news’ and move on.”

“I have complete confidence in Mr. Mueller,” Graham continued. “I will do whatever it takes to make sure that Mr. Mueller can do his job. We were a rule of law nation before President Trump, we’re going to be a rule of law nation after President Trump.”

……

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.