McCain tells Australians: Trump has unsettled Americans too

Source: The Hill | May 30, 2017 | Mallory Shelbourne

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said during a trip to Australia on Tuesday that President Trump’s actions have unsettled Americans. 

‘‘I realize that some of President Trump’s actions and statements have unsettled America’s friends. They have unsettled many Americans as well,’’ said McCain, as reported by The Associated Press.

During his speech, McCain argued Australia should not forsake its alliance with the United States now that the Trump administration is in the White House. 

“There is real debate underway now in my country about what kind of role America should play in the world and, frankly, I don’t know how this debate will play out,” McCain, a frequent critic of the president, reportedly said in his address. 

“But I do believe — and I don’t think I’m exaggerating here — that the future of the world will turn to a large extent on how this debate in America is resolved. That’s why I and others are fighting so hard to ensure that America stands by our allies and remains an active, principled leader in the world.’’

……

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.