Meet the Republican Traitors Who Sacrificed Women’s Privacy by Supporting Obama’

Source: National Review | May 27, 2016 | Maggie Gallagher

Meet the Republican Traitors Who Sacrificed Women’s Privacy by Supporting Obama’s Transgender Edicts

Will these social-conservative turncoats face real political consequences?

I was up in the wee hours after midnight Thursday when Daniel Horowitz’s tweet crossed my radar: The GOP-controlled House had just voted in the dead of night to write into law Obama’s executive order banning federal contractors who “discriminate” against transgendered individuals.

….

Given that the Obama administration, in the last few years, has unilaterally redefined prohibitions on sex discrimination throughout federal law to include LGBT individuals, the willingness of Republicans to step forward and positively reinforce his agenda with legislative action is pretty remarkable. As Horowitz wrote, it “would forever lay down the marker that Republicans are okay with making transgenderism a legitimate national religion codified into law.”

….

Here is the list of the GOP 43:

Amash (Mich., third congressional district), Brooks, S. (Ind., 5), Coffman (Colo., 6), Costello (Penn., 6), Curbelo (Fla., ), Davis, R. (Ill., 13), Denham (Calif., 10), Dent (Penn., 15), Diaz-Balart (Fla., 25), Dold (Ill., 10), Donovan (N.Y., 11), Emmer (Minn., 6), Fitzpatrick (Penn., 8), Frelinghuysen (N.J., 11), Gibson (N.Y., 19), Heck (Nev., 3), Hurd (Texas, 23), Issa (Calif., 49), Jolly (Fla., 13), Katko (N.Y., 24), Kinzinger (Ill., 16), Lance (N.J., 7), LoBiondo (N.J., 2), MacArthur (N.J., 3), McSally (Ariz., 2), Meehan (Penn., 7), Messer (Ind., 6), Paulsen (Minn., 3), Poliquin (Maine, 2), Reed, (N.Y., 23), Reichert (Wash., 8), Renacci (Ohio, 16), Rooney (Fla., 17), Ros-Lehtinen (Fla., 27), Shimkus (Ill., 15), Stefanik (N.Y., 21), Upton (Mich., 6), Valadao (Calif., 21), Walden (Ore., 2), Walters (Calif., 45), Young, D. (Iowa, 3), Young, T. (Ind., 9), Zeldin (N.Y., 1).

….

Michigan’s Justin Amash is (or was) a tea-party favorite, a fan of Ron and Rand Paul, the great next-gen hope of the Liberty Movement. I called Amash’s office to ask why he voted as he did. Jordan Bush, Amash’s district director, referred me to his boss’s Twitter account, where he wrote, “They are mischaracterizing the amdt. It simply prohibits discrimination by VA/military construction contractors in hiring.” In response to another question about his vote, Amash wrote, “Contrary to what some claim, this amendment preserves all existing religious liberty protections from the Bush administration,” leaving unanswered the question of whether refusing to let people with penises into women’s most private spaces is really discrimination or not.

Amash’s defection represents the problem with bending over backward to avoid the Left’s charges of hatred and discrimination on all things LGBT: It puts liberals in control of what the conservative movement can do and say on basic issues of human rights and human decency. If only one party is fighting, that party is going to win eventually.

….

I went to bed last night astonished by the betrayal of so many House Republicans. I woke up to find that their conservative colleagues had come through, tanking the whole energy bill. For once, the GOP picked voters over donors. But will that continue?

….

Limited government, liberty, privacy, decency, women’s equal protection in sports, democracy, and the rule of law: If you won’t stand up for these things, GOP 43, what use are you?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #6539

slhancock1948 #6543

Surely Amash KNOWS by now, that once a bill is made into law, it can, and will be, misconstrued by employers and lawyers as well to mean whatever they want it to mean. So, basically, all that has to happen is for someone to be kicked out of a girl’s bathroom and this law will miraculously hold that up by a SC vote.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.