New tapes released of Michael Cohen threatening reporter with 'f—–g disgusting' legal action: Listen

Source: Washington Examiner | May 31, 2018 | Naomi Lim

NPR released audio Thursday of Michael Cohen, President Trump’s personal lawyer, threatening a reporter in an expletive-laden rant back in 2015.

In the recording, Cohen warned Tim Mak, who at the time was a reporter for the Daily Beast, to “tread very f—ing lightly” with an article he was writing in about claims made by President Trump’s ex-wife, Ivana Trump, about when he allegedly assaulted her in 1989.

“I’m warning you tread very fucking lightly because what I’m going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting. Do you understand me? Don’t think you can hide behind your pen, because it’s not going to happen,” Cohen said in 2015.

“I’m more than happy to discuss it with your attorney and with your legal counsel because, motherfucker, you’re going to need it,” he continued.

Ivana Trump made the allegations during her divorce from the president, but they first became public in Harry Hurt III’s 1993 book, Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump. Ivana, however, walked back her comments in a statement to CNN in 2015.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.