Report: Trump demotes Corey Lewandowski

Source: Washington Examiner | April 19, 2016 | Ariel Cohen

Donald Trump’s campaign manager Corey Lewandowski has reportedly been demoted and will now serve as the GOP front-runner’s body man and scheduler as Paul Manafort fills the role of running the Trump campaign.

CBS and others reported that Trump’s campaign has been significantly reorganized, and that the number of staffers reporting directly to Lewandowski has been reduced. Trump’s national field director Stuart Jolly also resigned on Monday when faced with the prospect of reporting to newly hired political director Rick Wiley, who used to serve as Scott Walker’s campaign manager.

Trump acknowledged some changes Tuesday morning on “Fox and Friends,” but wasn’t specific about which people were moved around. Trump’s campaign had not made an official statement as of Tuesday morning, and had not returned a request for comment from the Washington Examiner.

….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #4743

Victoria #4752

Right after Paul Manafort was hired, he was to report to Corey Lewandowski (Manafort was not where Corey was) and I read Corey ignored his messages, then read Manafort was on his way to Trump Tower to speak to Trump, so now Corey is demoted.

I have listened to Manafort when interviewed a few times and he tries to speak with authority but has some trouble conveying what he wants to say. The last time he did this type of work dealing with delegates was in the 1970s. So, he’s not exactly up on the latest methods to communicate/get delegates selected. I also heard him say in one of these recent interviews that the states with less population were not important to get Trump to 1,237. He was making excuses about Trump ignoring some states and Cruz getting those delegates.

ConstitutionalConservative #4759

The Don better watch his back Corey is most untrustworthy, very vindictive and he knows where all the bodies are buried. I think that’s the reason they keep him around so they can keep a close eye on him. I’ll bet he is not getting paid any less, but paying him off won’t work, I doubt he will take orders from Manafort, yeah Corey is like a rabid wolf in that pack of losers.

Victoria #4765

If Trump is elected, we can count on mafia types running the country. Check your bed to be sure there isn’t a horse head in your bed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.