Rudy Giuliani says FBI interviewed him about possible leaks related to Clinton probe

Source: Washington Examiner | June 19, 2018 | Melissa Quinn

Rudy Giuliani revealed he was interviewed by the FBI in February about his 2016 comments about a “surprise” coming before the presidential election that would benefit then-candidate Donald Trump.

Giuliani, a member of Trump’s legal team, told the Huffington Post the interview with a pair of agents, one male and one female, took place in his room at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C., this year.

“That’s all they asked about,” he told the Huffington Post. “What was I talking about in terms of ‘surprise?’ What was I talking about when I was talking about new information?”

Giuliani worked on the Trump campaign and hinted in an interview with Fox News in October 2016 there would be a “pretty big surprise” coming.

The remarks came just before former FBI Director Jim Comey notified Congress the bureau had effectively re-opened the investigation into Clinton’s use of a private email server after emails were discovered on a laptop belonging to former Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y.

Giuliani’s comments raised concerns that information about the probe was leaked to him by FBI agents, though he told the Huffington Post that was not the case.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.