Trump accuses DOJ of 'total bias and corruption' after latest Comey testimony

Source: The Hill | December 7, 2018 | Jacqueline Thomsen

President Trump targeted the Justice Department in a tweet Friday, claiming that former FBI Director James Comey was being stopped from answering questions during his latest interview with Congress.

“It is being reported that Leakin’ James Comey was told by Department of Justice attorneys not to answer the most important questions,” Trump tweeted. “Total bias and corruption at the highest levels of previous Administration. Force him to answer the questions under oath!”

Trump sent the tweet just moments after Comey spoke to reporters following his interview with lawmakers on the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees.

Lawmakers in the room with Comey said the former FBI director declined to answer some questions on the advice of FBI counsel. That move left some Republicans frustrated.

Comey told reporters after the interview that he did not believe that he shut down specific lines of questioning.

“I think you will not see that happening” in the transcript of the interview, Comey said.

A transcript of the questioning is slated to be released on Saturday, part of a deal brokered between Republicans on the committees and Comey, who had requested his hearing be made public.

“The FBI, for understandable reasons, doesn’t want me talking about the details of the investigation that is still ongoing, it began when I was FBI director,” Comey told reporters on Friday. “So it makes sense that they don’t want me to go into those details.”

…….

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.