Trump knocks Woodward book as ‘total joke,’ vows to write ‘real book’

Source: The Hill | September 10, 2018 | Emily Birnbaum

President Trump on Monday morning slammed veteran journalist Bob Woodward’s new book as “total joke,” vowing to write “real book” of his own.

“The Woodward book is a Joke – just another assault against me, in a barrage of assaults, using now disproven unnamed and anonymous sources,” Trump tweeted. “Many have already come forward to say the quotes by them, like the book, are fiction. Dems can’t stand losing. I’ll write the real book!”

……

The White House has spent days pushing back on Woodward’s upcoming book, “Fear: Trump in the White House.” The president has claimed the Watergate journalist is an “idiot,” while White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the book is full of “fabricated” accounts.

Trump in a subsequent tweet early Monday insisted the White House is a “‘smooth running machine.'”

“We are making some of the biggest and most important deals in our country’s history – with many more to come!” he said. “The Dems are going crazy!”

…….

“My reporting is meticulous and careful,” Woodward said, noting that former President Nixon’s White House also sought to undermine his credibility as he and Carl Bernstein covered the Watergate scandal for The Washington Post.

Woodward added that he believes people need to “wake up” to what is happening in the White House.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #25592

Consistent #25595

EVERYDAY #25597

LOL

Well, Donnie, if you are going to write a book, you had better get a ghost writer. Otherwise, your book will be an incoherent mess.

The White House is a “smooth running machine,” huh? I think the only thing in the White House that runs smoothly is the revolving door.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.