Trump says he's not concerned about being impeached: 'The people would revolt'

Source: The Hill | December 11, 2018 | Emily Birnbaum

President Trump said during an interview with Reuters on Tuesday that he’s not concerned about being impeached, adding he thinks “the people would revolt if that happened.”

“It’s hard to impeach somebody who hasn’t done anything wrong and who’s created the greatest economy in the history of our country,” Trump told the news service in an Oval Office interview.

“I’m not concerned, no,” he added. “I think that the people would revolt if that happened.”

……..

Trump during the Reuters interview claimed Cohen’s payments ahead of the presidential election did not violate campaign finance laws.

The president in a tweet on Monday accused Democrats of “wrongly” calling the payments a “campaign contribution,” insisting they were a “simple private transaction.” 

“So now the Dems go to a simple private transaction, wrongly call it a campaign contribution,” Trump tweeted. “Which it was not (but even if it was, it is only a CIVIL CASE, like Obama’s – but it was done correctly by a lawyer and there would not even be a fine. Lawyer’s liability if he made a mistake, not me). Cohen just trying to get his sentence reduced. WITCH HUNT!” 

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #26805

EVERYDAY #26806

Actually, he’s not wrong. Trump has created this cult of fanatics who would defend him with their lives, regardless if any allegations against him are true or false. They don’t really care if he committed murder. He is “making America great again ” according to them.

I wish someone could show me where the economy has improved under Trump because I’m not seeing it,

ConservativeGranny #26809

The greatest economy? Our 40lK is back to where it was in 2016.

EVERYDAY #26820

My retirement is suffering as well. Mention that to a Trump supporter and you will get “who cares?” or “you are too heavily invested in the stock market.” Well, guess what? Their nest eggs are probably invested in stocks too. Plus bonds and other vehicles are also suffering. I wonder if any of them really knows where their retirement is invested and how their retirement plan is doing. Many of them might not find out till they want to retire that they have been had by the orange snake oil saleaman.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.