Trump takes victory lap on McCabe firing: 'A great day for democracy'

Source: The Hill | March 17, 2018 | Jacqueline Thomsen

President Trump celebrated the firing of FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe late Friday on Twitter, calling it a “great day for Democracy.”

“Andrew McCabe FIRED, a great day for the hard working men and women of the FBI,” Trump tweeted hours after McCabe’s firing on Friday night.

“Sanctimonious James Comey was his boss and made McCabe look like a choirboy. He knew all about the lies and corruption going on at the highest levels of the FBI!” the president continued.

……

McCabe quickly struck back, saying he had been honest with investigators and that he was fired to undermine special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russia’s election interference, of which he is a potential witness.

Trump had repeatedly attacked McCabe, claiming that the former FBI official was biased against him and going after his wife’s connection to prominent Democrats. 

“FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is racing the clock to retire with full benefits. 90 days to go?!!!” Trump wrote in a tweet in late December amid news that McCabe would retire in the spring.

…….

McCabe noted Trump’s attacks in a statement after his firing.

“For the last year and a half, my family and I have been the targets of an unrelenting assault on our reputation and my service to this country. Articles too numerous to count have leveled every sort of false, defamatory and degrading allegation against us. The President’s tweets have amplified and exacerbated it all,” McCabe said.

“He [Trump] called for my firing. He called for me to be stripped of my pension after more than 20 years of service. And all along we have said nothing, never wanting to distract from the mission of the FBI by addressing the lies told and repeated about us. No more,” he added.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #22378

Consistent #22381

Consistent #22383

Consistent #22386

EVERYDAY #22388

This would be funny if it wasn’t so tragic.

Comey is sanctimonious? Trump has him beat.

And no, it’s not a great day for democracy. It’s a major embarrassment. I just hope this firing blows up in his face.

ConservativeGranny #22401

“Sanctimonious James Comey was his boss and made McCabe look like a choirboy. He knew all about the lies and corruption going on at the highest levels of the FBI!”

Trump is projecting here. He knows his lies can top Comey & McCabe’s lies any day. His lies and corruption are huuuuuuuggggge! And he is terrible at covering it up. Just about every time he opens his mouth he exposes a rotten black soul. His own words and actions are the result of a man terrified of the rest of the world finding out the truth about him. He need not worry though. His followers are true believers and they will follow him where he leads even if it is into the dark abyss. They sold their souls the day they decided to help raise this piece of scum to the highest office in the land.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.