Trump: This Whole Abortion Thing is Very Confusing (VIDEO)

Source: Red State | March 30, 2016 | Leon H. Wolf

I hope any Republican who has thoughts of endorsing or backing Donald Trump if he wins the nomination has been watching the news today to get a sense of what their life will be like trying to defend Trump while he’s on the campaign trail. Mostly, it will involve answering a lot of embarrassing questions about whether they support the latest dumb/offensive thing Trump has said.

Today, for instance, Trump got in some hot water for suggesting, in an interview with Chris Matthews, that if abortion became illegal, there would have to be “some form of punishment” for women who got abortions. I don’t have a huge problem with this stance at all, although I don’t think it’s necessary; punishing doctors who perform them is another way to solve the problem. Really, the only politically palatable one at all. But if Trump is just keeping with “not being politically correct,” this isn’t the most offensive example I’ve ever seen. But the media is uniformly pro-choice and so they have been busy having a collective freakout over Trump’s remarks.

….

One of the very best things about this Trump candidacy is the way it’s set back virtually every conservative cause and issue we’ve fought for over the years back several decades. It’s just spiffy that he’s finally doing the same thing for pro-life issues. Boy howdy, I’m thrilled to have him as a frontrunner.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.