Trump Trashes Southern Baptists

Source: The Resurgent | May 9, 2016 | Steve Berman

Donald Trump finally crossed a line he’s held short of until there was nobody left to offend. He went after Russell Moore, president of the Southern Baptist Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission.

….

But now with the nomination all but in hand, Trump believes he doesn’t need conservative Christians to take on Hillary. In fact, the general election will be decided by liberals, atheist libertarians and alt-right nativists. There will be no place at the table for many Christ followers.

….

For his part, Moore maintained his Biblical stance in his response.

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #5905

Victoria #5906

I guess Trump doesn’t need any of the multi-millions of
    votes from Southern Baptists, almost the whole south of the United
    States. I was in that church from the time my mother carried me there as a new born baby (until I became Catholic in my 50s). I was also their church pianist and had a Sunday School class. From that life experience I know all Southern Baptist churches stick together as a group.

I pasted together the various sources reporting on the Russell Moore/Trump problem to make the story flow, not be disjointed, plus I added who Moore is. When someone who represents multi-millions of voters has a criticism of Trump, he should come back with a conciliatory offer to speak to the person. But, no, he attacks like the beast he is and tries to cut their heart out. Consider the rest in quotes:

Russell Moore serves as the eighth president of the Ethics & Religious
    Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention, the moral and
    public policy agency of the NATION’S LARGEST PROTESTANT DENOMINATION (my caps).

A widely-sought cultural commentator, Dr. Moore has been recognized by
    a number of influential organizations. The Wall Street Journal has
    called him “vigorous, cheerful, and fiercely articulate” while The
    Gospel Coalition has referred to him “one of the most astute ethicists
    in contemporary evangelicalism.”

After evangelical Southern Baptist theologian and ethicist Russell
    Moore sermonized against Donald Trump on CBS’ Face the Nation Sunday,
    Trump hit back on Twitter Monday morning.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
    .@drmoore Russell Moore is truly a terrible representative of
    Evangelicals and all of the good they stand for. A nasty guy with no
    heart!

Moore responded with 1 Kings 18:17-19:
    “When he saw Elijah, he said to him, ‘Is that you, you troubler of
    Israel?’” the verse reads. “’I have not made trouble for Israel,’
    Elijah replied. ‘But you and your father’s family have. You have
    abandoned the Lord’s commands and have followed the Baals.’”

That verse means those people rejected God’s commands and followed Baals (those who worshiped the sun-god) false god/Satan. I doubt Trump will continue this war with this Godly man, Moore. We will see.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Victoria.
    Victoria #5908

I don’t know why what I posted has broken lines. It looked fine when I hit to post it and I tried to edit but the message still looked fine there. It effects what I copied and pasted, not what I personally wrote. The copy/paste screwed up. ??

Victoria #5909

Well, that isn’t true, either. The first sentence I wrote also screwed up. ???

CA Surveyor #5914

You have to remove all of the hard carriage returns to post copied material.

Trump put a hex on you :o)

Victoria #5915

CA Surveyor, thanks, from now on if I have something more than several lines long, I’ll copy and paste into a Word document and remove hard carriage returns, then copy from there.

“Trump put a hex on you :o).”
    I’m about ready to buy a hex doll with Trump’s name on it and stick pins in it. :o)

ConstitutionalConservative #5919

Sooner of later Trump will TRASH everybody whose last name is not Trump… wait give him time he will TRASH them too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.