Zuckerberg says Mueller has interviewed Facebook employees

Source: The Hill | April 10, 2018 | Morgan Chalfant

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said Tuesday that special counsel Robert Mueller has interviewed Facebook employees as part of his investigation into Russian election interference.

The social media executive also said he “believes” the company may have been served with a subpoena from the special counsel’s office.

Zuckerberg made the disclosure in response to Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), who asked whether Facebook employees had been interviewed as part of the investigation.

“Yes,” Zuckerberg said, clarifying he had not personally been interviewed.

It was previously known that Facebook handed over information to Mueller on political advertisements purchased by Russia-linked accounts, but there have been few public details of the extent of the social media’s cooperation in the investigation.

The Facebook CEO on Tuesday declined to disclose many details, citing the sensitive nature of the ongoing investigation.

“I want to be careful here because our work with the special counsel is confidential,” Zuckerberg told lawmakers. “I actually am not aware of a subpoena; I believe that there may be.”

“I know that we are working with them,” he added.

………

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.