Adam Schiff: Democrats will investigate whether Russia has financial leverage over Trump

Source: Washington Examiner | November 29, 2018 | Caitlin Yilek

Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., said Democrats will investigate whether the Russians laundered money through the Trump Organization after President Trump’s former personal lawyer Michael Cohen admitted he lied about a Trump real estate project in Russia.

“I think we need to look into, among other things, the credible allegations that the Russians may have been laundering money through the Trump Organization,” Schiff told reporters Thursday. “That has been a constant concern of ours, but an issue that the Republicans were unwilling to look into. That is something we expect to pursue.”

Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said his panel would also investigate “whether the Russians possess financial leverage” over Trump.

Trump has long held that he made no deals with Russia.

“Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA — NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!” the president wrote in January 2017, nine days before he was sworn into office.

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #26593

EVERYDAY #26599

I’m sure there is something. Always thought Trump was borrowed to the limit in the US, so he sought loans from outside the country. Perhaps the Russians made him an offer he couldn’t refuse and now he’s in trouble.

Whatever the Russians have on Trump must be investigated. The whole relationship between Trump and Putin smells.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.