Boebert trails by 64 votes in razor-tight Colorado race

Source: The Hill | November 9, 2022 | Mychael Schnell

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R) is locked in a tight reelection race in Colorado’s 3rd Congressional District, trailing Democrat Adam Frisch by 64 ballots with 98 percent of votes counted, according to figures from the Associated Press.

Boebert trailed by 62 votes on Wednesday evening, and the margin remained close on Thursday morning, at just 64 votes.

The two campaigns expressed optimism in conversations with The Hill Wednesday afternoon, recognizing paths to their respective victories but noting that the race is far from locked up nearly 24 hours after polls closed in the Centennial State.

“We like where we are, we think we’re in a really good place, we are waiting for what we think are the last batch of numbers that should work out okay for us, but I’m certainly not gonna — I’m a fairly humble guy and I’m not gonna, again, get over my skis, and so we’re gonna be patient,” Frisch told The Hill in an interview.

“There’s certainly a path to victory,” Boebert spokesperson Ben Stout told The Hill.

Both campaigns are zeroing in on two key counties — Pueblo and Mesa — that have outstanding votes and will likely play a key role in determining the winner of the competitive Colorado race.

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.